It contains a diversity of vitamins: omega-9 fatty acids prevent irritation and redness, vitamin C provides firmness to the skin, and vitamin E delays the ageing process. What other properties does avocado oil have and what cosmetics have been made on the base of it? Discover the avocado oil and its beneficial effects on the skin.
Avocado oil – properties:
- has a strong regenerating and smoothing effect,
- delays skin ageing processes,
- is rich in vitamins, amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids and proteins,
- has a soothing effect,
- deeply moisturizes the skin,
- rebuilds the hydro-lipid layer that protects the skin against water loss,
- accelerates wound healing,
- has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties,
- it positively influences the synthesis of collagen and elastin, which helps to improve the elasticity of the skin and prevents the formation of wrinkles,
- mixed with grape or almond seed oil, it works great for a massage.
Cosmetics containing avocado or avocado oil:
- An avocado after-sun lotion
If you exaggerated with tanning, apply a small amount of avocado oil or avocado to the burned spots. It will reduce redness and soothe the pain.
- An avocado rejuvenating mask
Apply a mask of avocado, to your face, you can enrich it with lemon juice and egg white, and leave for 15-20 minutes. Regular use of the mask will help you get rid of discolourations, mimic wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- An avocado mask for dry and very dry skin
To prepare such a mask you will need an avocado, honey and natural yoghurt. Mix all the ingredients together (mixed up in the same proportions) eave in for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- An avocado mask for dry hand skin
Combine the avocado with oatmeal and a little bit of lemon juice. Leave on your hands for at least 20 minutes, then wash them with warm water. The skin will become delicate, soft and nourished.
- An avocado eye compress
The most vitamins and collagen are hidden near the avocado skin. Apply this flesh to the skin under the eyes and cover the eyes with cotton pads moistened with cool water. After 15 minutes, rinse the face with warm water.