A well-chosen eyeshadow should emphasize the type of complexion and enhance the eye colour. But do you know how to choose the right eyeshadow? Which one will suit you and which one will be more beneficial for your friend?
How to choose the right eyeshadow? Eyeshadows vs types of complexion
- Dark complexion: for the day-to-day makeup, reach for eyeshadows in the shades of copper and bronze, however, for the evening, choose the colours of precious stones, for instance: sapphire, ruby and emerald. If you want to look girly, put on tanned roses or warm tones of red and blue.
- Warm brown skin: choose eyeshadows in a shade of copper and warm brown, as well as shades of gold, pink and wine colour. You’ll look equally great in turquoise, purple and graphite shades.
- Olive skin: reach for dark eyeshadows. They can be subdued colours such as black, brown and grey and intense, for example, plum, navy blue, sapphire and emerald. You can lighten black shadows with shimmering pigments or pearl glow.
- Light and peach complexion: you can wear shimmering shades in various shades of brown – from a bright warm nut to a cool dark chocolate.
How to choose the right eyeshadow? Eyeshadows vs eye colours
- hazel eyes: choose copper and brown shades for an everyday look, and for special occasions – intense purples and reds.
- Brown eyes: you’re lucky – almost any eyeshadow will look great on you, especially purple, navy blue, graphite olive, pistachio and gold.
- Green eyes: reach for eyeshadows, which colors contrast with the color of your iris. On a daily basis, let it be delicate beiges and bronze combined with brown, and for the evening – all shades of pink, violet and brown: lilac, lavender, heather, eggplant and plum.
- Blue eyes: cool shades such as white, gray, khaki and chocolate and caramel brown suits you best. For a change, choose eye shadows in pastel shades of purple and light pink. If you choose a blue eye shadow, which will also be a good choice, remember that its shade must be lighter than your eye color.
- Grey eyes: grey eyes may have an admixture of green or blue. To emphasize their green shade, use shades with the addition of purple. However, a bit of a peach eyeshadow will emphasize the blue colour of the iris.